VISUALCOST VCPRO5 AQUISITIONING
All materials and services required for the execution of a project are automatically available to your Purchasing department. This is how it works:
The Project department can set up the project requirements by
- compiling a project's List Of Quantities which is a list of activities grouped by activity headers.
- extracting all materials from the List Of Quantities with the click of a button and update the cost prices of the materials. This action causes the re-calculation of the activity costs and the project total.
- linking the names of vendors or subcontractors, who supplied the prices, to the materials.
- creating a Bar chart for the project by dragging and dropping Schedule bars for the activities. In so doing, the linked materials automatically receive their Required dates.
- entering the lead times for materials and services which effect the dates at which the orders must be placed.
The Purchasing department can simply
- open the Acquisition List, which presents the requirements in date sequence for any selected project. The Purchasing department does not have to refer back to the Projects department.
- check the Order dates for the required materials and/or services.
- check stock levels before placing a purchase order.
- select items of which some or all quantities are available in your stores or are in surplus on another site, and create stock requisitions.
- select items and run a price inquiry before placing orders.
- select the items and auto-create Purchase Orders by the click of a button.
- adjust purchase prices if prices of an inquiry are lower than those used by the Projects department.
- post delivery notes (waybills) received from the project sites by fax or otherwise. This should be done on a daily basis so that the Purchasing department can...
- monitor deliveries and do their best to ensure that ordered materials get to sites in time.
- issue Demands for Replacement to suppliers when delivery notes indicate damaged materials.
- issue Demands for Credit if a supplier cannot deliver in time and the materials have to be purchased from a different source.
- reconcile suppliers' invoices with recorded deliveries.
- print out detailed Remittance advises to accompany payments if your data base shows a due amount that is different from the amount requested by a supplier.
payments made to suppliers and link the payments to the invoices
that were paid.
List Of Quantities (sometimes also referred
to as Bills Of Quantities)
A List Of Quantities can also be compiled by copying details from one or more previous estimates, entering the required quantities, updating the cost prices and selecting the names of vendors or subcontractors who offered the prices.
VCPRO5 includes a comprehensive Stock module:
- A store can be registered for every project.
- Any number of other stores can be registered.
- Stock can transferred from one project to another. Such transfer automatically reduces the cost of the one and increases the costs of the other project.
- A project's surplus stock can be transferred to a Central stockyard. Such transfer reduces the costs of the project and increases the stock assets of your company.
- Bulk can be purchased for any store and requisitioned in required quantities to projects and their cost centers which serve as subdivisions of project costs.
- Stock take-on and stock write-off is immediately reflected in the stock list of the respective store and causes an automatic adjustment of the General ledger's stock account(s).
- Stock count can be taken of any store.
of Central stockyards or projects can be sold to Cash- or registered
customers with the use of VCPRO's Sales module.
Price inquiries can be conducted by selecting the descriptions of any number of materials or services, then selecting any number of prospective vendors and clicking the button to auto-generate and print / fax /e-mail Price Inquiry Forms.