Part III. Manage Sets of Books and Data
View Data Integrity Check Reports
As soon as the Data Integrity Check process is completed, the Data Integrity Check Report wil be printed to either
the screen, printer, file, fax or e-mail as set or selected on the Default Output field in the Setup->System
Parameters->Company Info (Options tab) menu option. The Data Integrity Check report consists of the
fol owing six basic sections:
1. System Info - Memory in your System (e.g. 64 Mb, 128 Mb, 256, Mb, etc.).
2. Files - A two digit numeric number is automatical y al ocated to each of the files in the Set of Books. The
Files are ".DB" files, which are Database files (See Structure of TurboCASH). The size of each file is
indicated in KB (Kilobytes), etc. It also displays the number of records contained in each file. For example,
the Data Integrity Check report reflects 40 records for the "Account.DB" file, it also indicates that there are
40 Accounts in the Set of Books.
3. Periods - The number of Accounting periods as specified in the Setup->System Parameters->
Reporting Dates menu option wil be listed. The description of the periods are also displayed as selected
or specified in this menu option. Period 00 indicates Opening Balances and Periods 01 to 13 indicates
Last Year Periods. Periods 14 to 26 indicates This Year Periods.
This will list the Accounting Periods and the Debit Totals and Credit Totals and Balances for each period
for two Financial Years (This Year and Last Year). If there are any balances (i.e. the Debit and Credit
Totals for an Accounting period do not balance), it indicates that the data may be corrupt for the specific
accounting period in which the Balance is displayed.
4. Count Account Number - This specifies the number of Account master files created for each Account
Type (General Ledger, Debtors, Creditors, Bank and Tax Accounts) in the Edit->Accounts menu option.
The number of Accounts for Debtors indicates the number of Debtor Accounts in the Debtors ledger and
the number of Accounts for Creditors indicates the number of Creditor Accounts in the Creditors ledger.
5. Control Accounts Check - This wil indicate the balances for the Ful Amount, Control Account and the
Outstanding Amount for the Debtors and Creditors. These three amounts must be in balance and must
balance with the Debtors Control Account or the Creditors Control Account in the Balance Sheet or Trial
6. Unposted Batches / Documents - This wil only be displayed if there are any batches or journals which
have not yet been posted to the ledger and /or documents, which have not yet been updated to the
126 - The Complete TurboCASH Reference Guide