Part III. Manage Sets of Books and Data
3. Click on the Next button. The fol owing screen of the Creation Wizard is displayed:
4. Enter the name for your Set of Books.
The name must not already exist and may not be longer than 15 characters. This name will help
you to identify the Set of Books on your system. You will need to select this name whenever you
need to open the Set of Books or perform some other functions on the Set of Books.
The Directory in which you create the Set of Books is displayed underneath the Location
Browse button. It will usually be the default directory in which TurboCASH is installed
(TCASH3) or directory other than TCASH3, which you have specified when you installed
TurboCASH. If you wish to create your Set of Books in any other directory or location on your
system, you may click on the Browse button to select any Folder or Drive on the Pick a
5. Check the location where you wish to create the Set of Books is correct, and click on the Next button. The
fol owing screen of the Creation Wizard is displayed:
6. The default number of Account digits is 3. Enter a three character numeric code for each of your Creditors
Control, Debtors Control and Retained Earnings Accounts (e.g. 900, 700 and 510).
If you select the 4-digit Chart of Accounts, you need to enter a 4-digit numeric code for each of your
Creditors Control, Debtors Control and Retained Earnings Accounts (e.g. 9000, 7000 and 5100). The
codes or numbers for these accounts should be careful y planned in the Chart of Accounts you wish to
7. Click on the Next button to initiate each of the set up options listed on the right-hand side of the Creation
Wizard screen. Enter and select the necessary information and settings for the following screens:
104 - The Complete TurboCASH Reference Guide