Part III. Manage Sets of Books and Data
5. Click on the Next button. The fol owing screen of the Creation Wizard is displayed:
6. Enter the name for your new Set of Books.
The name must not already exist and may not be longer than 15 characters. This name will help
you to identify your Set of Books on your system and you will need to select this name,
whenever you need to open the Set of Books or perform some other functions on the Set of
The Directory in which you create the Set of Books is displayed underneath the Location
Browse button. It will usually be the default directory in which TurboCASH is installed (TCASH3)
or directory other than TCASH3, which you have specified when you installed TurboCASH. If
you wish to create your Set of Books in any other directory or location on your system, you may
click on the Browse button to select any Folder or Drive on the Pick a Directory screen.
7. Click on the Finish button. The fol owing confirmation screen is displayed:
8. To confirm that you want to create the Set of Books, click on the Yes button. The fol owing information
screen is displayed:
9. Click on the OK button. The new Set of Books, which is a copy of another Set of Books, is automatically
opened and ready to work in.
You have created a copy of an existing Set of Books, which already has transactions and balances,
you may need to clear / reset the transactions and balances in the Set of Books. All the master files
(accounts, etc.) will be available and you may then enter your own transactions and balances in the
new Set of Books.
102 - The Complete TurboCASH Reference Guide