Part III. Manage Sets of Books and Data
Backup to E-mail
This is a new feature in this version of TurboCASH. It is introduced to enable users to send and receive backup
files over the Internet and via e-mail. To use this option, your computer system must be properly set up and the
Internet Account established with your Internet Service Provider.
Procedure 15.2. To Send a Backup File via E-mail
1. Select the Backup to E-mail option and deselect (remove the tick) in the Self-extracting.exe field on the
Backup Set of Books screen. This is necessary for Internet and E-mail security purposes and firewal
settings, since most settings may not al ow you or a recipient to send or receive *.exe file formats.
TurboCASH will create the backup file in the ".zip" file format.
2. Click on the Backup button of the Backup Set of Books screen. When the procedure for the backup
process is finalised, your E-mail program will automatical y be launched and the backup file wil be
inserted as an attachment.
3. Select the Address to which the backup file should be sent. The e-mail address of Pink Software wil
automatically be entered in this field. Should you wish to change it to a different e-mail address, (e.g. that
of your auditor or consultant), you may enter a valid e-mail address to that field.
4. Add a description to the subject if you wish (e.g. your company name).
5. The file is automatical y attached to the e-mail message. You may also manually attach any other
document/s to the e-mail.
6. Enter your message. It may contain a brief description as to the reason for sending the Set of Books.
7. Launch your Internet connection (if it is not permanently connected), and click on the Send button.
Note that your Internet Service Provider may limit the size of your e-mail message (e.g. including any
attachments to 1.2MB). If the message is larger than the allowed message, your message may not
reach the recipient and may be returned to your inbox (undelivered).
120 - The Complete TurboCASH Reference Guide