The basic procedures for Online Banking to download and manage bank statements in an electronic format, is as follows:
Download a bank statement
from your bank, provided that your system is configured and setup for the
Internet and you are registered for online banking at your bank or financial
institution. It is important to select the correct dates to include
transactions (the dates must correspond with those dates for which you need to
do the bank reconciliation) when you save the bank statement transactions as a file.
You need to import a bank statement
from a valid existing file format on your system in the Set of Books for the
Bank Account transactions (payments and receipt batches) you need to
- You may then use this bank statement file to reconcile the bank statement transactions in the Input - Reconcile Bank menu option with the transactions in the payments journal or batch and receipts journal or batch for a specific bank account.
Click on the Tools - Plug-ins - Bank Online menu option or press the and and and keys on your keyboard. The Online Banking screen will be displayed:
If you have not yet downloaded a bank statement or imported a bank statement, no transactions and bank accounts will be displayed on this screen.
The following options are available:
- Click to Import a bank statement file, download a bank statement or save the bank statement transactions to a file.
- Click to Edit the Transactions, Reconciled Transactions or to Allocate References to transactions.
- Click to generate a Transaction Report for the transactions displayed for the bank statement transactions.
- Click on this button to quit or close or exit the Online Banking screen.
Once you have the bank statement file ready, you may proceed to reconcile the bank account in the Input - Reconcile Bank menu option. It is important to select the correct dates to include transactions (the dates must correspond with those sates for which you need to do the bank reconciliation) when you save the bank statement transactions as a file.
Before you may download a bank statement from your bank or financial institution, you need to connect to the Internet.